Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Meet Murray

This post is dedicated to introducing you to one of the loves of my life! I am an animal lover, particularly dogs. If I could, I would have many more dogs living in my house. Unfortunately, Hubby would not approve. Which reminds me, that is exactly how Murray came to be a part of our family. The moment I laid eyes on Murray, my heart was captured. I absolutely HAD to have HIM.
This is his story: Hubby and I went to the mall where the SPCA was sponsoring an adoption drive. I secretly didn't tell him why I wanted to go to the mall. I am a girly girl, I love to shop, I did not need any other reason to drag (literally) him to the mall. Once we arrived, we conveniently entered the doors where the adoption drive was placed. I must admit, I was (still am) pretty sneaky. =) There he was...quietly sitting in his cage while all of the other dogs yapped as people passed by "oohh-ing" and "aahh-ing" over the animals. As we perused through the aisles, I kept looking at Murray. Once we came to him Hubby put his hand in his cage. Murray then proceeded to put his paw in Hubby's hand. That was it...My heart melted instantly! I decided right then and there I was not leaving until I left with Murray. As mentioned before, I am stubborn. I sat in the floor, crossed my arms, and I had no intentions of getting up. After a stern talking to, I left without Murray. It only took about a week before I decided I HAD to have HIM. It was only a matter of keeping a secret, filling out paperwork, and finding enough money to pay for him (after all, I was a poor college student). Finally, I was getting exactly what I wanted! To my surprise Hubby was not mad because he knew I was going to do it (so he says). And as all dreams that come true, it's been a happily ever after for our family!!


Ladies (& Gents) I am excited to introduce you to Murray:



He is a 5 year old Boxer/Hound Mix!








Likes: Long car rides, cuddling, squirrel/rabbit/stick chasing, swimming, treats, dog parks, lazing in the sun, hearing motorcycles, sniffing every inch of any outdoor area, giving "high five", extra long walks, lifting his leg to pee, being petted on his belly, giving kisses, getting leftovers that fall to the floor, being called "Mur-Mur", going to the beach, sniffing guys/gals rear ends, laying on fresh laundry just out of the dryer, mixing wet food with dry food, amongst a million other things...











Dislikes: Thunder/lightning, musk rats, & vacuums.




And that is why I love him! There is something about my furry friend that makes me smile at the beginning, middle, and end of each day. Won't you agree that there is something about a dog's love that is extraordinary!? Stay tuned to meet the rest of the family!

Toodle-oo! =)


No comments: