Thursday, September 3, 2009

Slap 'em Silly!

In the midst of waking up this morning, I heard my Hubby laughing (it was more like a giggle). I need a few moments to actually "wake" up in the morning, so the laughter just passed me by. I did the usual (pee, brush my teeth, etc) and walked down the stairs expecting something funny. Boy, was I in for a treat.
Hubby was sitting at the table reading the newspaper. The newspaper around our area can be best described by Forrest Gump's box of chocolates--you never know what you're gonna get. Hubby was NOT actually laughing or giggling, just a you're-such-an-idiot-I-am-disgusted chuckle at what was in the paper. The article: Stranger Slaps Crying Toddler. WHAT?!
A brief synopsis of the article--an older guy (I don't even want to call him a "gentleman", "man" because it just does not seem to fit) hit a 2 year old girl at least 4 times for crying in Wal-Mart. The guy was charged with a felony of cruelty to children. WOW! I am appalled at him.
I am curious as to how this man mustered up the ability to HIT someone else's child in a PUBLIC place?! Boy, would I love to slap him silly! And I would like to give him a little bit of advice: If you don't like screaming kids, then you probably shouldn't go to Wal-Mart. Or better yet, if you cannot control your emotional outrages, then you may want to consider becoming a hermit.
Can you believe this guy?!

On a lighter note, the weather is absolutely beautiful today! I have ALL the windows open with a slight breeze coming in...AMAZING! Makes for a good afternoon nap (I'm only preparing myself for working the next 3 days)!! Ohh FALL, how I love thee! We're gearing up for college football season (Gooo Dawgs!! and Mountainers!!). Our anniversary! Shopping for ALL of the new fall looks (I have got my eye on many items---handbags, jewelry, shoes, clothes, scarves, etc)! And OF COURSE, fall foods (chicken and dumplings are my fav...my mouth is already salivating)!

Toodle-oo! =)

No comments: