Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Questionable E's!

This morning I woke up excited! Why? you may ask...Finally, I am able to get back into my workout routine (it is truly not that exciting)! For those of you that know me know that just a few weeks ago I had a rigorous (I can't believe I was doing it) workout schedule for the entire week. I am working towards my goal of completing a half marathon! Now that I have started working full-time, I don't quite have as much time to spare (y'all can relate, right?). So, it's been a few (or more) weeks since I last got a really good, sweaty workout in. This morning's plan consisted of going to run 3 miles and then, go to spin class.
WELL, on my way to the gym I got a phone call. "Hey, Jen we're going out to lunch today, hope that you can come along." My dilemma--to EXERCISE or to EAT?!
You better believe at the next light, I made a left U-turn to go back home and change clothes so I could go to lunch with the ladies. No hesitation whatsoever. Yep, that's right. I would rather eat (and socialize with some of the most fantastic ladies in this universe) a pizza roll (probably 2000ish calories) than go to burn close to 1000 calories at the gym. Let me just tell you about this 2000 calorie pizza roll...The pizza roll-AMAZINGLY SUPERB-filled with tons of cheese, garlic, onions and pepperoni. Exactly how I like it! My taste buds were practically having an orgasm (do I have to explain any further?)!
So when I got home from lunch, Hubby (who also got to eat a pizza roll I brought home for him) asked if I wanted to go to the gym. I reluctantly agreed to go (only after I got a 2 hour nap in). Do I regret eating that 2000 calorie pizza roll? Simple answer-YES! I was having reflux (aka burping) the entire time I was running.
Since the day is coming to a close I have to admit-I am still excited for the day!! It was a fabulous day because I got the best of both worlds. I got to go eat with some of my favorite ladies AND I got to exercise with the love of my life. Mission accomplished!!
My lesson of the day---learning to maintain a reasonable balance between the things that I love---friends, family, eating, and exercising!!
Now I am off for dessert! ;)

Toodle-oo!! =)

No comments: