Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy Hubby

Ladies, you have to hear me out through this post...I know EXACTLY how to make your man happy!
I actually worked with a hammer today (regretfully, I don't have any pictures to prove it). I know, I know, you're thinking about my motto--I'm the project manager, not the worker. Again, hear me out...
Hubby decided that we HAD to re-do the garage. The only time I spend in the garage is getting out of the car and walking inside, I failed to notice that it needed an overhaul. Ever since Hubby has started woodworking (the first project was the dresser/changing table ((picture attached)) him and one of his best buds built for the soon to arrive twins) , he has become uncontrollable about starting new projects. Don't get me wrong, I love that he has a hobby (it allows me more shopping time when he is working on his projects)! The number of projects is what is getting out of control! He wants to build a bookcase, a new scrapbooking/project desk for me (I cannot complain), entertainment center, and NOW--the garage.



Today Hubby decided that he wanted to get started tearing down the garage. We had a work-bench and shelves already, I could not understand why he wanted to tear down something that was perfectly functional. I was thinking he wanted to do something organizational (he will tell you that I am the queen of organization). I was absolutely WRONG! So, he drew out blueprints for me and showed me some pictures from his woodworking magazines. I was quite impressed (he never ceases to amaze me--that is why I love him)! I am actually looking forward to this new garage project (oh my! when he reads this, he is going to say "I told you so")! Of course, I made some project manager requests (more like demands)---He (somehow I think I will get suckered into this) will be re-painting the garage before any new work bench or shelves are made.

In order to help him get through the demolition (that's the best part) stage, I decided I would help him out by pulling nails out of the old 2 x 4s that he may re-use. WOW! What a blast! I had fun hammering and pulling nails out of the wood (I can't believe I am saying this). Ask me about it tomorrow and I may not tell you the same story--I'm probably going to be sore because I do not think that I have ever hammered before in my life.

The most fulfilling part of the day was all the compliments he was giving me. I think I received more compliments hammering than if I was prancing around the house in some sexy, Vicky's secret lingerie. So, I guess I've figured out another mystery to the male species, ladies! Proverb of the day: Have hammer in hand, Hubby will be happy!

I have added some pictures so you can see post demolition. Stay tuned for the finished project!



Toodle-oo! =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it... can't wait to see the end result... so.. am I going to see you two on the DIY network soon?

JenniferMarie412 said...

Girl don't I know about being forced to do "man" things right now!!! Good luck! And if you feel like helping me out with my house while Tony is gone, let me know!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Thank's for this site, very useful informations.

--
[url=http://mouthwadispensquick.blogspot.com]mouthwash dispenser quicken[/url] , [url=http://alltripods.blogspot.com/2009/11/professional-tripods-got-winner-here.html]professional tripods[/url] , [url=http://tottoasteparabol.blogspot.com]tote toaster parabolic[/url] , [url=http://callawofai.blogspot.com]callaway oil fairy[/url] , [url=http://coffescanngoogl.blogspot.com]coffee scanner google[/url]