So, my "somethin' easy" for dinner tonight was awesome!! It is actually a recipe that one of my best friend's used to make when we were poor(er) college students. I wanted to pass along to those of you who are like me (aka lacking kitchen coordination and technique), or those that are running around constantly and need something simple, cheap, and mindless (hmm...sounds like me, too) to make for dinner!
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 sleeve of Ritz-like crackers
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 4 teaspoons of poppyseeds
There are less than 10 steps to preparing/serving poppyseed chicken:
1. Cook chicken as you normally would (I boil mine)
2. Put chicken in a 9 x 13 pan (cut up into small pieces)
3. Mix sour cream and cream of mushroom soup in separate bowl
4. Pour over chicken
5. Mash crackers, spread on top of chicken/sour cream/cream of mushroom mixture
6. Drizzle melted butter over top
7. Sprinkle poppy seeds over that
8. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until crackers start to brown
Hubby was so excited, I didn't even get a chance to take a "pretty-out-of-the-oven" picture!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when dinner is a success!!!