Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I LOVE Being A Nurse!

So, I worked last night. During the wee hours of the morning (in between all of the alarms sounding), I found myself deep in thought about this whole nursing career I have got myself into. I took a journey through all of my memories as a student nurse and now as a RN (real nurse). Although, I am certainly in my "infancy" in the nursing world, I could not imagine myself in any other place. For the longest time I have placed my love for nursing on to other things. I have been saying I love nursing because...the unit I am on, the hours I work, the children I see, etc, etc. And suddenly, I realized--IT'S NOT THEM, IT'S ME! I am a woman of deep compassion. I AM the reason why I love nursing! Nursing school provided me with the knowledge base and the beginning skill set, BUT there is sooo much more to nursing. And that "more to nursing" is ME! There is something to be said about the harmony that nurse's provide with their selflessness, uniqueness, empathy, kindness, compassion, motivation, determination, support, awareness (on, and on, and on). I am by no means claiming to be an exemplary nurse. However, I have promised myself (and now all of you) that I will continuously strive to be. I just LOVE being a nurse!
With the philosophical part of me done (it doesn't happen too often)... I am moving on to a lighter subject! I absolutely couldn't wait to get off work! On my way home, I picked up my bags from Whitney Caroline Design. Truth be told, the best part of my day was picking up these monogrammed totes! I have already transferred all of my nursing gear to my bag! I love, love, love it!! Adorable, light, and sassy! I can't wait to go back to work! As I march or rather, hike from the parking garage (seems like 5 miles uphill in a snowstorm), I will get to show off my new bag! I think Whitney was pleasantly surprised at how well the bags turned out too! She even blogged about them! Please take a look and enjoy!!
http://whitneycarolinedesigns.blogspot.com
Toodle-oo! =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to get my bag and use it on the first day of nursing school!!
Love you, sissy!